Level I and II Online Learning
In this course, students will advance their knowledge of Adult Attachment Theory by examining the most recent of treatments in the field. The Three Pillar model by Brown/Elliott was called a “breakthrough in treatment,” by Psychology Today magazine. This course examines the Three Pillar model in depth and is a continuation of Level 1. Students who took Level 1 and are interested in advancing their knowledge are ideal candidates for this course. It is suitable for clinicians and non-clinicians alike. Dr. Zack takes complex psychological material and translates it in a way that feels attainable to the non-academic.
You will have a complete understanding of the 3 pillar method following the completion of this class.
You will understand the manifestations of Adult Attachment styles.
You will see case studies and examples of the use of the 3 pillars model
You will understand the importance of mentalizing in development of metacognitive capacities, which is the 2nd pillar.
You will be able to interact and ask questions of your professor
Using video, powerpoint, articles, guided imagery exercises, and other supplemental material, it is understandable to people with different learning styles
This course contains all of the up to date changes and additions to 3 Pillar therapy
Join us on this powerful journey through the latest evidence-based treatment for adults with attachment disturbances.
What you’ll learn
- Define the Three Pillars Model from Dan Brown and David Elliott
- Identify the manifestations of adult attachment styles
- Understand the importance of mentalizing in the development of metacognitive abilities
- The particular emphasis on collaboration and why that is crucially important
- How to use co-creation of secure imagery to heal maladaptive Internal Working Models
- Play as a modality for building the foundation of the ideal parent figures
- How to spot, understand, and transform activations and triggers
- Common experiences in treatment and different ways of responding
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- The Adult Attachment Program Training – Level 1 – The Science of Relationships
- Or a brief interview with Dr. Zack to determine eligibility
Who this course is for:
- People who have completed level 1 and are interested in advancing their knowledge about the three pillars
- Clinicians who are already working with clients or patients with the 3 pillar model
- Coaches or teachers who wish to learn some of the basic tenets of the treatment
- Students who are interested in learning about Attachment Theory and repair